Fire breaks out in toilet cubicle at Sunshine Coast school

9th March 2018 12:01 PM

UPDATE 12.50PM: Families of students at Nambour State College have been told a toilet roll was set alight in a school toilet cubicle, sparking an emergency situation. 

In an email sent to parents, the school said the fire started in the senior boys' toilet, but all students had been accounted for. 

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire. 

UPDATE 12.20PM: The fire at a Sunshine Coast school started in a toilet cubicle, firefighters report. 

Firefighters rushed to Nambour State College after a fire was reported on site. 

They found the blaze in the toilet area, on the ground floor in a two-storey building.

The fire was extinguished about 12.10pm. 

Paramedics were also called to the scene, but nobody was injured in the incident. 

BREAKING 12PM: Emergency crews are rushing to the scene of a reported fire at a Sunshine Coast high school. 

One fire crew has just arrived at Nambour State College at Carroll St, Nambour, after the 000 call about 11.45pm. 

Firefighters have confirmed there is a structure fire at the site, but no details are yet available on the size or exact location of the blaze. 

More to come.